Working out the university portal can be a daunting task for new students but it is a necessary task. A university portal helps the students to gain help on their assignments, events and other essential projects. It creates an online platform for students and faculty to come together and help each other. In this article, we are going to discuss how to log in to Colorado Mountain College’s Basecamp portal, generally known as CMC Basecamp.
Before that here are a few things about Colorado Mountain College.
About Colorado Mountain College (CMC)
Located in western Colorado, US, CMC is a campus spread across the area of 12,000 square miles and serves around 20,000 students. CMC was first established in the year 1965.
The college offers a two-year and a three-year bachelor and associate degrees along with a number of certificate courses to choose from. To check all the available list of courses visit their website.
Why Colorado Mountain College?
Colorado Mountain College has its campus located within the heart of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains and surrounded by three national forests. But that’s not all, there are other reasons as well why you should choose CMC.
- CMC is rated highest amongst other degree-granting institutions for graduation in Colorado and it also falls in the country’s top 3 affordable institutions for bachelor’s degrees.
- The college has its theatre company, a radio station, and a sport’s team. Athletes from the CMC have also qualified for the PyeongChang 2018 winter Olympics.
- Not only that, but CMC is also surrounded by most of Colorado’s major ski resorts which have produced alumni like Katie Uhlaender, Chris Klug and Johnny Spillane.
Steps to register in CMC Basecamp
To avail the benefits of the online reading and other study-related material, a basecamp student account is important.
The first time, a student has to retrieve their CMC username by filling out their last name and ID or SSN number here.
Once you have the User ID, the portal sets your default password. For signing-in to the CMC Basecamp, the default password is the last six numbers of your Social Security Number (SSN) followed by @cmc.
For example, if the last six digits of your SSN number are 098765, then your password is 098765@cmc.
If, as a student, you do not have your SSN yet, then the default password changes to mmdd of your birthday followed by xx and then @cmc.
So now, suppose your birthday is on 6th May, then your default password will be 0506xx@cmc.
Steps to sign-in for existing and/or returning students
For students who already have their account on CMC Basecamp, the User ID and password does not change. Hence, existing students can use the User ID and password that they received or set in their last semester.
Changing or Managing Password
The basecamp allows students to change or reset their default passwords by following a few simple steps.
- The first requirement to be able to reset your password is that you must be a registered user.
- Visit the password manager.
- If you haven’t registered in the password reset portal, first click on the ‘Click to Register’ button.
- Once you have registered to the password reset portal, you can change your password by clicking on the ‘Click to Reset’ button.
- After that, you will be asked to enter your username which is your User ID.
- And then to verify your identity, the portal will ask you a few security questions that you set up during your password reset portal registration. You have to answer them correctly.
- Click on ‘Next’ and then set your desired password. Remember, your password must at least be of 8 characters including upper-case and lower-case characters along with at least a number.
- Click ‘Next’ and your password is changed.
Now that the password has been changed, you can access your CMC Basecamp account without further ado.
CMC outside the Basecamp
CMC basecamp logging is an easy task if followed step-by-step. We hope you gained the information you needed in this article.
If you like this, go check our other article on Sacramento State Login Explained. Comment below your experience of CMC basecamp.