Working out the university portal can be a daunting task for new students but it is a necessary task. A university portal helps the students to gain help on their assignments, events and other essential projects. It creates an online platform for students and faculty to come together and help each other. In this article, we are going to discuss how to log in to Colorado Mountain College’s Basecamp portal, generally known as CMC Basecamp.
Before that here are a few things about Colorado Mountain College.
Table of Contents
About Colorado Mountain College (CMC)
Located in western Colorado, US, CMC is a campus spread across the area of 12,000 square miles and serves around 20,000 students. CMC was first established in the year 1965.
The college offers a two-year and a three-year bachelor and associate degrees along with a number of certificate courses to choose from. To check all the available list of courses visit their website.
Why Colorado Mountain College?
Colorado Mountain College has its campus located within the heart of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains and surrounded by three national forests. But that’s not all, there are other reasons as well why you should choose CMC.
- CMC is rated highest amongst other degree-granting institutions for graduation in Colorado and it also falls in the country’s top 3 affordable institutions for bachelor’s degrees.
- The college has its theatre company, a radio station, and a sport’s team. Athletes from the CMC have also qualified for the PyeongChang 2018 winter Olympics.
- Not only that, but CMC is also surrounded by most of Colorado’s major ski resorts which have produced alumni like Katie Uhlaender, Chris Klug and Johnny Spillane.
Steps to register in CMC Basecamp
To avail the benefits of the online reading and other study-related material, a basecamp student account is important.
The first time, a student has to retrieve their CMC username by filling out their last name and ID or SSN number here.
Once you have the User ID, the portal sets your default password. For signing-in to the CMC Basecamp, the default password is the last six numbers of your Social Security Number (SSN) followed by @cmc.
For example, if the last six digits of your SSN number are 098765, then your password is 098765@cmc.
If, as a student, you do not have your SSN yet, then the default password changes to mmdd of your birthday followed by xx and then @cmc.
So now, suppose your birthday is on 6th May, then your default password will be 0506xx@cmc.
Steps to sign-in for existing and/or returning students
For students who already have their account on CMC Basecamp, the User ID and password does not change. Hence, existing students can use the User ID and password that they received or set in their last semester.
Changing or Managing Password
The basecamp allows students to change or reset their default passwords by following a few simple steps.
- The first requirement to be able to reset your password is that you must be a registered user.
- Visit the password manager.
- If you haven’t registered in the password reset portal, first click on the ‘Click to Register’ button.
- Once you have registered to the password reset portal, you can change your password by clicking on the ‘Click to Reset’ button.
- After that, you will be asked to enter your username which is your User ID.
- And then to verify your identity, the portal will ask you a few security questions that you set up during your password reset portal registration. You have to answer them correctly.
- Click on ‘Next’ and then set your desired password. Remember, your password must at least be of 8 characters including upper-case and lower-case characters along with at least a number.
- Click ‘Next’ and your password is changed.
Now that the password has been changed, you can access your CMC Basecamp account without further ado.
CMC outside the Basecamp
There are many issues with the people when it comes to troubleshooting. Here you will know all about troubleshooting and its accessories. You can understand the dos and don’ts to follow. As for to avoid the troubleshooting problems via the CMC Basecamp Webmail login portal.
Avoid Slow Internet
When you are trying to log in with the webpage, you are connected to the Internet connection. What would happen if the Internet goes down? And there can be a possibility where you might not be able to open your account on one go. This can happen when a lot of users are also using the internet through the same server. In order to avoid this, check the internet connection way before using it. Thus, before the CMC Basecamp Webmail login, check the internet connection in your pc. Later you can proceed further with your account login.
Web Browser Not Supportive
There are times when you are not using the right browser too. There are some web browsers that do not support the CMC Basecamp Webmail login portal. Thus, you would always have to use a generic browser that would support the webpage. Such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and so on. In case if you are not using the supported web browser, there is a possibility that either the webpage does not open at all. Or the webpage will load only half and form a glitch while trying to log in. Hence it would be advisable to use a common web browser. You will not face any glitch and you can easily log in to your account and do your required task.
Thus, keep in mind these points to easily open your account. If you follow these instructions step-wise as mentioned, you will not face any difficulty in performing your task. Also, the procedure will not be lengthy and time-consuming either. And at the first go.
CMC basecamp logging is an easy task if followed step-by-step. We hope you gained the information you needed in this article.
If you like this, go check our other article on Sacramento State Login Explained. Comment below your experience of CMC basecamp.